Through the Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion, we will better serve the more than 4,000 underrepresented minority and women students who benefit from our programs now—and increase capacity to serve even more current and future students.
The following programs and resources are available to support current students at Georgia Tech:
- Academic Support – Provides study sessions, guided group study, and concept classes to students year-round.
- Edge – Offers support from upperclassmen who serve as mentors to assist first-year students academically and socially.
- Faculty/Undergraduate Student Research Program – Supports and funds partnerships of undergraduate students with faculty mentors in research on women, science, and technology.
- GT-PRIME (African-American Male Initiative from the University System of Georgia) – Provides academic resources, motivation, mentoring, and leadership training to increase the enrollment, retention, and graduation of black males at Georgia Tech.
- Latino Welcome Night – Welcomes new and returning Hispanic/Latino students at the start of fall semester with food, music, and live entertainment.
- Student Organizations – Provides a list of student organizations serving underrepresented minority and women students at Georgia Tech.
- WST Learning Community (a joint venture with the Department of Housing): the first learning community at Georgia Tech – Offers campus residents opportunities to engage with students, faculty, staff, alumnae, and employers, and receive support for conference travel and research partnerships.